Our Gift Guide for Preschoolers is full of activities and toys geared to developing practical skills such as pincer grasp, deepen cognitive/spatial reasoning, social interaction, as well as foster the child’s imagination and ability to focus.
You’ll find affiliate links in each gift guide, which means if you make a purchase through the link Our Montessori Home will receive a small commission. You’ll be helping support our site and its future endeavors and our homeschooling. We appreciate you!
- Play Dough Tools Set from Melissa & Doug. This fun set helps to build fine motor skills and add a bit of embellishing to any play dough creations.
- Duplos from Legos. We started our oldest off on Legos way too early. Even with a small set they were too much for him at 3. Duplos have been a great building toy for all three of our children.
- Geometric Board from Cake in the Morn. This one is on our Christmas list.
- Wooden Lacing Toy from Smiling Tree Toys. We recently won this lacing set in a giveaway
- Beginner Pattern Blocks from Melissa & Doug.
- Cooperative Games from Richard Scarry’s Busytown. This is a great game to teach taking turns as well as working together. You play individually, but must also work together as a team to finish the game.
- Floor Puzzles from Melissa & Doug. M&D’s floor puzzles have really helped my children bridge the gap from small 12-24 piece puzzles to larger 50-100 piece puzzles. The size of the pieces are great for their small hands and has built their confidence to try more puzzles.
- Bristle Blocks from Battat. These fun blocks encourage kids to try and build in different ways.
- Classic Tricycle from Radio Flyer. The first beginner’s bike…really, trike. Who doesn’t love that classic tricycle?
- Matching or Memory Game from eeBoo. Matching and memory games are a great activity to cognitive skills and learning to play a game (rules, taking turns, etc).
Don’t forget to check out our other Montessori Christmas Gift Guides for babies, toddlers, 2 – 3 year old’s, 5 – 7 year old’s, as well as gift ideas for families!