Age: 9 – 12 months
Goal: Interacting with others, to develop concentration, body awareness, and laying the foundation for dressing .
Materials: mat, three or four different hats
- Prepare the work and get out the mat.
- Sit with the infant facing you.
- Once you have the child’s attention take the hats out and put them on the mat.
- Pick up one hat and slowly put it on your head. Pause and smile at the infant.
- Invite the infant to try on a hat. Remember to use simple language.
- Wait quietly for the child to choose a hat and try it on.
- Once the infant has a hat on, smile, pause, and then take off your hat and return it to the mat.
- Invite the infant to do the same.
- Repeat choosing a different hat. Continue until the infant is no longer interested.
- When the infant is finished, take him/her with you to return the work and mat to their proper place.
Sorry there’s not any more pictures for this activity.