Ages: 24+ months
Materials: work mat, basket, paper (cut into squares or strips), hole punch, bowl
- Prepare the work and get out the mat.
- With the work facing the child and the mat between you.
- Demonstrate the activity by taking a piece of paper and punching holes using the hole punch.
- Empty the hole punch into the bowl.
- Invite the child to do the work himself. (It might take the child awhile to get use to the force needed to close the puncher. I’m on the lookout for a more child-friendly hole puncher.)
- When he or she finishes, have them return the work to the shelf.