Ages: 18 to 24 months
Materials: work mat, tray, container (with slit in the lid), 10 coins (or poker chips), small jar or container
- Prepare the work and get out the mat.
- With the work facing the child and the mat between you, demonstrate the activity by taking the coins and dropping them into the container through the slit.
- Once all of the coins are in the container, take off the lid and return them to the small container.
- Now, invite the child to do the work himself. Help only if the child doesnâ€™t seem to know what to do.
- When he or she finishes, have them return the work to the shelf.
*Note: This is an easy homemade activity. Just take a tin, cover the label with paper, and cut a slit in the lid. Voila!